Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Be Clubbin'



So last night I went to a club called EIGHT in the Shangri-La hotel in Abu Dhabi. Before I got there I went by to check it out since it's next door to my hotel, the Fairmont and the lady at the door said to come back later you have to make a reservation- so I did, for 5.

Jill from Atlanta was coming by and I figured 5 would be enough. WRONG. The group swelled to about 12.. I got in with 4 others, the rest were left at the door.


Me and Rahana from Chicago


5 Things I Learned About Clubbin' in Abu Dhabi


1. The music is the same as the U.S. (they even played teach me how to Dougie!)

2. When a guy bumps into you he apologizes profusely (so sweet)

3. People can still smoke in clubs..alot.

4. People wear the same thing as back home. I was shocked to see belly tops, short shorts and tight hoochie dresses. I thought this was haram (forbidden)

6. They love getting bottle service..the liquor comes to the table complete with a sparkling firecracker attatched.

1 comment: