Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Night of My Dreams

Before coming here I had often imagined that I would be taken in by a lovely Arab woman who would fit me for one of her old Abayas and I remember in the dream that the abaya was too long for me and I had to get it hemmed.
This happened tonight..
So, it all started at the mall.



I went there to just look around and explore. Saw some of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen and also bought Patricia a pillow. She had been complaining the hotel pillows are too soft.

Then.. The next thing you know, I'm at Tamer's house meeting his sister, At one point, Tamer gave me some hair products.. one he called Egyptian Snake Oil. I also was given a Buddah. Tamer asked me to make a wish and shake it. Then he gave it to me.








Then we went to Tamer's sister's house (a georgeous place) where she gave me some old clothes, purses, shoes and jewelery of hers. But not before looking at my less than svelte figure and joking "ha ha, I've had 5 kids, what's this (pats my belly)."
Making reference to people's weight is not unacceptable here.




And she and the housekeeper made us a light dinner.






Tamer's sister's living room

No comments:

Post a Comment