Monday, September 27, 2010

Tales From Kindergarten


A side view of my school.


My co-teacher, Fatima and I are are going over the alphabet with the students. She is teaching the Arabic alphabet, I teach the English (obviously).
Here is a picture of the board. You will see the letter 'b' alongside its Arabic equivalent 'baa.'
It's great to listen like a kindergartener and learn the Arabic alphabet right along with them.
Fatima's English isn't great and neither is my Arabic. So basically it goes like this.. Fatima introduces the 'baa' and several things that start with a 'baa' then the students write the 'baa'..when she's done she looks at me and says, "teacher go," My cue to do the same in English.


This month's unit is ALL ABOUT ME. We are learning the names of body parts in English and Arabic.
We made these..This is a potato person made with kebab skewers, caramel feet and a date head.


Does your vice principal ever ask her driver to take you home.. ours does! When she saw us waiting on a cab the woman (can't remember her name) insisted we ride with her. We dropped her off at her mega mansion and the driver continued on to our temporary digs, the Fairmont Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment